Monday, September 3, 2007

The Sound of Music

I've decided to bring music back into my life.

I say that all the time, but this time, I mean it. I'll do whatever it takes.

You see, there used to be a time when, if you needed a singer, I was there for you. My only goal in life was to somehow do this professionally, no matter what it took. My goals have since changed, but my passion for it has not. These past few years, the lack of opportunity to sing has bothered me tremendously.

It's not just singing either.

I miss being multi-instrumental. I miss my flute, and my trombone, and the few chances to play on Ma-Maw's piano. Because the preceding three are currently inaccessible, I have picked up my guitars, and am now, after just a few short hours of practice, back to where I was when I stopped playing them about three years ago (which is not all THAT good, my fingers aren't quite long enough for most of the stuff I want to play).

Music comes easy to me, it always has. I just hope to somehow get to use this in my life very soon. I'm going to be much more proactive about it. I can't stand it any longer. For the past few years, I've definitely felt it's absence, and it hurts. No longer will I let this go on. Somehow, someway, I will bring the music back into my life.

No comments: