Thursday, September 5, 2013

Snail Mail is FUN

My last post was about a mug exchange, which was AWESOME! But EVEN BEFORE that, I got to be a part of a monthly Snail Mail Collective for the first time. This was great, because I had the incredible opportunity to get to know Beth over at That Little Spark for several weeks via email before sending good old fashioned snail mail. It was so wonderful to make a new friend that way, and to be able to think about things that she might enjoy receiving in a package. As with the mug exchange, I was in New Orleans when it was time to send it, so, while sticking to the theme for the month: Under the Sea, I also threw in some fun New Orleans goodies. 

Beth is from Arkansas, but lives in Texas, so my package was mostly Texas themed. I may never want to live in Texas, and I may say some not so nice things about it sometimes, but undeniably the people I know there are great!


Beth is a designer, so her package was really adorable! She had such fun little drawings all over the box! See the cool little sea creatures?!?

Fun Packaging


She sent me a package of goodies, including a really sweet letter, a t-shirt, a postcard, a little Texas license plate with my name and a WIND UP FISHING GAME! That, I kid you not, I tried to buy at Wal Mart to send to her but they were out! Crazy!




I already signed up for Septembers's exchange and am so excited to be paired up with yet another great blogger!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How fun! I wanna do this! Snail mail is the best :)

Rachel Emma
Daydream Frenzy