Monday, December 15, 2008

Cooper Union and Starbucks

I am imagining that there cannot be much better in the world than sitting in Starbucks, looking out the window, listening to the Elizabethtown soundtrack, drinking a signature hot chocolate, and thinking of all the blessings in my life.

Day after day two summers ago I walked by the Cooper Union, and thought how funny it is that you can be sitting in one Starbucks, looking at the other one block away, and how, at one time, there was also a Barnes and Noble in view, which contained a cafe serving Starbucks coffee.  I guarantee you if you pump the blood of most New Yorkers, it contains 10% espresso.  

I've had a lot of time to think these past few days.  I've spent most of my time walking around aimlessly (literally, with no aim or direction), thinking and praying, and being thankful for the blessing this city has been on my life.  

It was here that I fell in love with Jesus all over again my freshman year, and discovered just how much I love serving him.  It's where I met many of my best friends, both from LSU and from NY.  It's where I found the joy that comes from teenagers, and where I learned that I thrive on lights and sounds.  New York City has had an unbelievable influence on my college years.  I, in fact, cannot imagine what my life would be like had I not come on that trip freshman year.  I'm not really sure I want to. 

Joy is truly the only word I can think of to use in describing how I feel when I am here.  I cannot wait to be here all the time.  Really.  

I love New Orleans, and I don't think there could possibly be a more unique and interesting place in all of America, but New York has gotten under my skin, and I don't see it leaving any time soon.  

No comments: