Sunday, November 23, 2008

Pack Your Suitcase

When I was younger, I loved to pack

I loved the excitement of figuring out what I needed to bring along for whatever journey I was about to embark upon.  Whether it be a mission trip to Maryland, or a family trip to Bay St. Louis, I loved to pack. 

After a summer of living out of a suitcase, and four and a half years of never staying in the same place for more than a few weeks, I am tired of packing.  I'm tired of loading everything I can think of into a bag, knowing that I'm going to forget something, only to have to unpack it all again a few days later. 

Don't get me wrong, I still love to travel.  I love being in a different place for a little while, and the adventures that come along with that.  The problem is, I don't get as excited about the packing part anymore.  I should be , but I don't.  Maybe I've gotten to used to traveling and it's lost some of its flair.  This makes me sad.  

Maybe its because I hate to plan, and packing involves planning.  I often do not pack, for this very reason.  I go out of town with a laundry bag, in hopes that I might find a place to do laundry and wear whatever happens to be in the bag.  

This is basically what I'm doing for my vacation to New Orleans / South Mississippi this week.  

I really hate to pack.  If you can't tell, I'm procrastinating because I should be packing, right now. 

No comments: