Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Magazine Street + CC's Iced Latte + 79 degrees on a spring day = Happiness

God's little blessings need to be noted.

Today was a fairly easy day at work, and afterward, I got to go home at a decent time (something that's been happening a LOT lately!).  My parents invited me out to dinner, so after going to fill out the sad paperwork that terminates my gym membership at the end of the month, we went to eat, and I decided that, since it was still fairly early, I'd come take in the late afternoon on my favorite street.  

I don't have many Magazine Street afternoons left to enjoy.  I thought it best to take advantage of the weather and make the most of the day God has blessed me with.  

I brought along my Apologetics Study Bible, which as become a good friend of mine lately, and the notebook in which I've been keeping notes an thoughts in preparation for my upcoming ministry experience.  I've never felt more prepared going into a summer of missions as I do now, but maybe that's because, this time around, I have experience.  It's been awesome seeing God's work in my life lately.  I feel refreshed and reenergized.  Like my own private revival.  It's been great, truly.  

This city never ceases to make me smile.  no matter how much I may say I'm ready to leave, and no matter how many times I might count down the days, I really am going to have a hard time being away from some of the pleasures of my great home.  

In the words of Bob Dylan:  "There are a lot of places I like, but I like New Orleans better." 

I am so thankful to God for bringing me into the world in such a beautiful and unique place.  I am also thankful for parents who always made me appreciate my roots.  

For the next ten days, I'm soaking it up.  Praise the Lord for weather like this!  There's truly NOTHING like a spring day in South Louisiana. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good evening bros. I'm actually into shoes and I was digging for the sake of that meticulous brand. The prices due to the fact that the shoes were about 350 dollars everwhere. But finally I bring about this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy them. what can you say about it?