Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Craziness

As of last night, I'm in the new apartment.

This is VERY exciting.  I have a lot to do to make this space my own, but It definitely feels cozy. Of course, despite the fact that I'm eternally grateful to Nicole and Chelsea for letting me stay at their place, just about anything is cozier than an air mattress in someone else's living room.  

I am looking around thinking of all the great things I can do with this bedroom.  It's decently sized for a New York apartment, and I can paint it however I choose, but it does lack a window (which is really difficult to get used to).  I forgot just how weird it is to wake up at 7am and have it feel like the sun hasn't come up yet.  

The coolest part is, I am a fairly short walk from the subway, which is only 3 stops from 1st Ave, which is a fairly short walk to Graffiti, so I'm looking at about a 15-20 minute commute :)  This is exciting.  

I think on Saturday I may try to make a trip to IKEA to get some decorative ideas.  I cannot wait to see this place turn into my room! 

No comments: