Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Purple

My bedroom is purple.  I will post pictures soon.

Cody is here in place of Chris, while he is off adventuring on work-related trips for the next two weeks (camping in Colorado, mission trip in Puerto Rico--- hard life...).  Anyway, she came by on Saturday and helped me settle on a color, and then put it on the walls.  We had a great time, and considering I was planning on painting alone, I'm glad I got her help.  I think if I'd have been by myself, I would have gotten lazy and stopped somewhere to break, only to never finish.  

The craziness starts next week.  Kids-camp, summer programs for the teenagers, outings, etc...  I've still got to find a job for the fall, and possibly even something to do in the meantime while I am here.  

Prayers are appreciated...

Next week, I'm going home for a few days and I am SUPER excited.  It's my first trip home as someone who lives away.  I'm looking forward to seeing the family, lovin' on the babies, and visiting friends in Baton Rouge.  The trip is short but I am very thankful for it nonetheless.  

Upon my return, I will be just two short weeks away from Puerto Rico!  I cannot wait to see what God is going to do in the lives of our students while we are down there.  

After Puerto Rico, I'm off to Chicago for a while to see Jess, then I'm gonna go home and spend a week or two with the family before the craziness starts back here.  

Basically, the next two months of my life are jam packed with lots of things to do and see.  

In the meantime, I've been trying to get up and go running to explore my new neighborhood.  I woke up an hour later than planned today, so I'm not going to get to go as far as I would like, but I'm about to go back and do one of my new favorite runs - the Williamsburg Bridge!  From that bridge, there is a view of both Lower and Midtown Manhattan, PLUS, the two bridges south of it.  Really, I think it's the best bridge to run across in New York, and I am so thankful that God has blessed me with an apartment so close to it.  

The location of my new purple-room couldn't be more perfect.  My train ride to work is only five minutes long! The walks to and from the train can be long at times, but you really cant beat a five minute train ride when you live in Brooklyn and work in Manhattan.  Well, I guess if I lived at the Bedford stop instead of Graham I could... but still... it's a quick trip. 

Off to run!

No comments: