Friday, June 8, 2007

The Blessing of Familiar Faces


Today was my day off, so the missionaries from Graffiti and I went to the United Nations. I'd seen the building before, but I'd never been inside so it was neat to get to see some of the exhibits. I could have gone crazy in the bookstore! It was a social studies teacher's paradise! I now own a copy of the United Nations Charter and the International Declaration of Human Rights, things only a political nerd like me would possibly want to have in posession.




We next went up to the northeast corner of Central Park to a beautiful "secret garden" of sorts, followed by a walk to the west side of the park, and a trip to my neighborhood. We then parted ways for the day, and I met up with Daniel and Maddie at Ellens Stardust Diner. Daniel and Maddie, for those of you who don't know, are two friends of mine from LSU whom I go to church with at Sojourn. They are working at South Mountain Community Church in New Jersey. They came into the city with the other interns for the day. It was so nice to see familiar faces! It pretty much made my week to get to spend time with some friends from home, even if only for an hour or so. It reminded me of how much I love Sojourn and miss my family there. I am so glad I was able to see some of them tonight! I love the New York life, but I definitely miss my friends and family from home.


My cousin Lacey had a baby today, and I can't wait to go see him as soon as I get back to the South!!! Today has been full of blessings!

"Publish his glorious deeds among the nations. Tel everyone about the amazing things he does. Great is the Lord! He is most worthy of praise! He is to be feared above all gods."- 1 Chronicles 16:24-25

No comments: