Thursday, April 2, 2009

Running Running Running

I've been running like a beast, and I LOVE it.  I'm literally in the best shape of my life.  I beat my GOAL time from high school, that, in three years of intense high school cross country training, I never reached.  Not only did I beat it, I beat it by twenty seconds.  I'm feeling pretty good. I look better than ever (size 6 feels GREAT!!), and I feel healthy.  I finally feel like I wouldn't be looked at like a crazy person if I got certified as a trainer.

After years of talking about it, I finally registered to actually run the Crescent City Classic. I was supposed to be in New York, but after a change in plane ticket, I will be in town for that Saturday.  Needless to say, I'm pretty psyched about it!  I wish I had friends who ran so someone would go along with me in it, but I guess just getting it finished will be enough of an accomplishment.  I haven't run a road race in about three years, and I've never run a 10K (well, not racing at least, I've done PLENTY of them at practice). My goal is not extremely high.  I'm only looking to finish it in about an hour, but I am super giddy about the next two weeks of training! 

No comments: