Tuesday, January 20, 2009

This is why I read about Jesus

I've been making it a goal of mine to focus on being Jesus-like to my students.  I try to do this is all aspects of life, but its especially difficult when it comes to my students.

Since I usually am exhausted at night, and have trouble waking extra early in the morning, I really have to make it a conscious effort to read my Bible daily and see what lessons I can learn from Jesus, and isn't it amazing how I always can get something out of it... gee, what a concept!

I've been struggling lately with maintaining my passion for reaching out to the students who need it most.  I'm good with those who need help dealing with problems and just need a shoulder to cry on or someone to talk to, but its those kids who don't want to learn that I have the difficulty with.  I've gotten so spoiled with teaching the gifted kids, that I've been thinking about going that route for the rest of my career.  These kids who don't care are truly a challenge.  

Then I was reading this morning and came across the following verse:

"It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick.  I come not to call the righteous, but the sinners"

It once again opened my eyes to the passion I set out with when I chose that career.  It is not the smart kids who make 'A's who really need the help, it is those kids who are striving for someone to open their eyes without even realizing it.  

Thank you Jesus for words of wisdom, once again.

1 comment:

Maria Mundy said...

I was one of those kids. Mandy was my "dr."

Since then whenever I've been asked what I want to be when I grow up, I say, "Mandy."

But really I mean exactly what you just said and thank you for the reminder!!

If you don't mind, I'm gonna post a link in my blog, to your post. It's a message we constantly need to be reminded about!!

Miss you, Danielle!! Wish I was better at writing back! Sorry!! =)