Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I'm Really Falling In Love With What I Do

Now that I'm establishing some routine, and I'm getting into preparing lessons and such, I am falling in love with this job.

The other day I was putting grades in the system while sitting at home watching TV, and I was remembering little things about each kid as I did it.  I realized that most of my children have at least ONE thing that I adore about them, even the ones that frustrate the heck out of me.  

Yes I have kids who have a zero average in my class even after a make-up day.  Yes I have kids who have yet to listen to a word I say, but I am doing the best I can in that respect.  I have some great ideas for lessons to come, and I'm looking forward to the next few months. 

The people I work with are fantastic and supportive, and I am blessed to be in such an environment.  

I've begun going for Uptown runs just about every afternoon.  In these runs, I get a chance to reflect on all of the wonderful things I've been handed.  I was born in the greatest city in America, and for that I am thankful.  I have the opportunity to go to to a new city this summer where I have a church that has changed my life.  I have a job that is both fulfilling and exciting.  

Really, it just doesn't get much better than this. 

No comments: