Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Frustration

Job-hunting is frustrating.  I know God has a job for me, but trying to find it is exhausting and stressful.

I might be more upbeat after I go to the interview with the tutoring agency next week.  I feel like I send out resume after resume, cover letter after cover letter, and I get nowhere.  

Last night, I tried to register to attend a career fair on Thursday.  I submitted my resume, and was expecting to get a call to schedule an interview.  I got a response, and I was really excited as I went to open the email.  Then, I read the email, which told me that they only wanted people who were ALREADY New York certified, and who had at least two years of experience.  None of which was stated in the add.

One step forward, two steps back. 

I'm sure one of these tutoring agencies will hire me, and one of the Barnes and Noble locations I've been to will want an experienced bookseller and give me a call, and perhaps even, I will find a way to get some funding to work more at Graffiti.  I don't know exactly how it will all work out, but it will.  That's the important part.  

I have been taking advantage of this time off as a gift from God.  I haven't had time off in several years.  I know I need to learn to just be still and rest, but not having anything to do drives me nuts, especially when I don't have any money to spend.  

I normally get really worried right before going to bed.  I've always struggled with that time of my day.  I get nervous, almost every night, about something.  Last night though, I had a strange occurrence.  I went to sleep optimistic.  I had a feeling that something good was going to happen in these next few days. 

I'm going with it. 

No comments: