Wednesday, August 12, 2009

So I wanna be a writer

My writing skills are not so good anymore. I'm working on that.

I don't have a topic to write about. I'm working on that as well.

Jess says I should write about my love of sports. I've considered this. That said, I'm going to blog about what I am doing tonight.

After a semi-uneventful day in Milwaukee yesterday, we returned to Chicago very late. We've been discussing gracing Wrigley Field with our presence tonight, so upon my return from brew-town, I tried to browse stub-hub. Last I'd checked tickets were not set at ridiculous prices, so I was preparing myself for about a thirty dollar purchase.

Thirty dollars is what I'd payed for my last trip to Fenway. That, to me, is a very reasonable price for seeing the team with the most interesting history in baseball play in the park with the most interesting history in baseball.

The Cubs, in my own personal opinion, are the second most interesting team in baseball with the second most interesting park in baseball.

When we got to the apartment last night, stub hub was not working properly. We had to wait until this morning to buy tickets.

I have six words for the Cubs now

Who do you think you are?

We had to pay an obnoxious amount for our not-so-good seats to a night game. Now I know, this is a big game, and I'm excited. Pedro is pitching for the Phillies. It's Wednesday Night Baseball. I'm seeing Samardzija for the second time in person (once I saw him play football for Notre Dame). I'm not regretful. I'm glad we bought the tickets. I will be very proud to have attended this particular game.

BUT, I think it's absurd how much they charged for this experience. I could have, of course, not paid it, but I'm pretty sure I'd be very very sad if I did not.

Tonight should be nice. Watching the Bayou Brothers represent, and taking in the atmosphere of ONE of the most historic ballparks for the first time will be a worthwhile experience.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: