Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Moving Right Along

Though the job-search is stressful and Sometimes overwhelming, things seem to be moving along.

I have been dropping off applications at every Starbucks and Barnes and Noble I come across. Though I know I cannot live on what they pay me alone, a low paycheck is better than no paycheck at this point.

Tomorrow, I have a meeting with a temp agent who seems like he is very excited to help me. He was recommended by a friend, who not only recommended him to me, he also recommended me to him. This is a plus. Temp agencies are becoming my friends.

Just a few minutes ago, I recieved an email that one of the tutoring agencies I applied with has reviewed my application and has invited me to interview. It's one of the lower-paying agencies, but tutoring is flexible, and flexibility is a big deal in my life. I will be interviewing with them on September first. Please be in prayer for that.

This time off has really been teaching me to fully rely on God. Without him, I am nothing, and I cannot imagine how stressed and worried I would be right now. My friends and family have been super encouraging. Thank you for that. I am overwhelmed by the encouragement messages and prayers. I cannot thank everyone enough. I am not worried about what is going to happen because I know God has it all planned perfectly. I am supposed to be in New York right now, and he is going to make sure the right job comes along in a way that will still allow me to work with Graffiti, which is really why I am here.

Thanks again for all of your prayers. Keep 'em coming!

No comments: